Skip to main content

Southwest Florida Research & Education Center

Southwest Florida Research & Education Center

Newsletters

Established in 1958 as a University of Florida support facility, the Southwest Florida Research and Education Center (SWFREC) was dedicated in 1986 as a UF/Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (IFAS) station.

Situated on 320 acres, the center serves growers, farmers, and other clientele in Collier, Charlotte, Glades, Hendry, and Lee counties. It supplies decision-makers with specific knowledge to sustain and enhance agricultural, human, and natural resources through nationally and internationally recognized research, extension, and teaching programs.

2021